Thursday, October 04, 2007

2007 Update

I've owed this blog some word since leaving it on such a dire note. Since I left Nicaragua in July of 2006, the Red Libre has continued to operate. There have been the usual problems with getting people to pay, but I've not been made aware of anything more serious.

In February of 2008 the satellite service contract is up for renewal. I don't know how we could get funding and a replacement system up by then, but it would be lovely if we could. It looks like I'll most likely be tied up here in the US through the end of the year, for reasons truly beyond my control. Perhaps this is a good time to try to find a new volunteer?

1 Comments:

Blogger blah said...

hey, i am andres with semisa. we are just starting to get into providing internet service and we would like to expand somewhere close to where you area. give me your coordinates of where you want service. lets see what we can do.
my email is ctech4285@gmail.com
ps i was running a wifi openmesh system in matiguas not too long ago but had to give it up because i could not produce enough revenue to cover the costs.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home