Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Despedida

My despedida, my leavetaking party, has just finished. The rum ran out, and the ride down the hill was leaving, so everyone up and left at once. It wasn't overly emotional, but it felt good.

Everything is reasonably in place. We don't have service in Altagracia, but a contract will be made with the dueña of the land where the Altagracia repeater is for one year at C$300 (U$19), with six months up front. Mauricio, our "administrator," is taking over the show, collecting payments, buying receipt stationary, and so forth. The contract with our Internet provider will be made soon, and payment begins February 1, mid-way though my absence.

This is the first proofing. I intend to be a part of this project for some time to come, but I need to remove myself as soon as possible from the day-to-day operation. We'll see how the mess holds together . One must have faith enough in what one creates to set it free :)

Tomorrow to Masaya, Thursday to San José. I'll be returning Friday night at midnight, on American from... probably from Houston. Flight 1221? I very much look forward to seeing you all again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home